Service Delivery Format:
- In Person:
- Referral required for Mentee
- Application submission for Mentors
- Youth Mentees: 12 – 25 years
- Mentors: 18+ years
Next Session Dates:
Sessions Per Year:
52 weeks per year
Monday to Friday
West Toronto Youth Hub
1541 Jane Street, North York ON M9N 2R3
Youth Mentorship Program
Operating under Yorktown Family Services at the West Toronto Youth Wellness Hub, the objective of the Youth Mentorship Program (YMP) is to empower and improve the mental health outcomes of young people between the ages of 12-25 through one-to-one and group mentoring. Yorktown incorporates mental health-informed principles, strengths-based and youth engagement approaches with consistent support and engagement from volunteer mentors.
The Youth Mentorship Program enables clients to build resilience and enhance their protective factors against negative health outcomes. More specifically, the program provides youth a healthy and close relationship with a consistent adult (mentor). Through this match, youth and young adults gain access to the skills and resources that are necessary for their academic and professional success, as well as deepen their engagement with their communities. Through these outcomes, participants experience a positive sense of well-being and a decrease in negative mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
Are you interested in being a Mentor?
We are seeking adult volunteers who can support youth in achieving goals related to:
- Educational achievement
- Civic & community engagement
What to look forward to:
- Building a positive relationship with a youth/ youths in the community
- Ongoing Program Support
- Trainings & Workshops
- Monthly Group Events
- Match Recognition
- A chance to make a difference
- Age 18 and up
- Able to commit for a minimum of 1 year for approximately 3 hours per week
- Mentors who range in terms of professions, lived experiences, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Successful completion of enrolment process i.e., interview, police check, training, etc.
Are you interested in getting a mentor?
Are you a youth between the ages of 12-25?
Are you ready…
- For a positive change?
- To increase your motivation & confidence?
- To unlock your potential and get help with goal setting?
- For academic and employment success?
- To get involved in your community?
Connect 4 and Hey Girl… Youth Mentorship Programs
Youth Mentorship offers 2 group mentorship programs Connect 4 and Hey Girl.
Connect 4 is group mentorship group for youth ages 12-25 and runs on Mondays from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Connect 4 Youth Mentorship Program
Hey Girl is a group mentorship group for girl ages 14-18 and runs on Wednesdays from 4:30 to 6:30pm.