Service Delivery Format:
- In Person:
- By appointment
14 – 18 years
Youth who identify as female
Next Session Dates:
September 20th to November 8th, 2023
8 weeks per session
Sessions Per Year:
Wednesday 4:30pm to 6:30pm
West Toronto Youth Hub
1541 Jane Street, North York ON M9N 2R3
Hey Girl… – Youth Mentorship Program
Hey Girl is a referral based group mentorship program for youth who identify as female ages 14-18 years. The 8 week program runs weekly for 2 hours. The program allows female youth to explore and develop their identity through a series of focused areas such as: Self Identity, Emotional Health & Wellbeing, Body Image, Relationships etc. with an overarching theme of “Empowerment”.
The implementation of the weekly themes will include a blend of:
- Expressive Art
- Multi-media platforms
- Group Dialogues
- Group & Individual Activities
- Guest Speakers
Females will explore the concept of feminine energy related to the body and mind connections and the associated challenges with being a young adolescent female. Hey Girl promotes females to celebrate their true selves by empowering them in a supportive, safe and creative way. The program goal is to support adolescent females in developing a healthy sense of self-worth, respect and purpose.
Females who participate in Hey Girl! will be able to make strong connections in 4 key ways:
- Mentors: Females will have access to caring, healthy supportive female relationships with mentors and staff, which will allow them engage in shared experiences and connections.
- Peers: Females will build strong bonds and increase self-esteem with their female peers, while improving their self-confidence to share their experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- Resources: Females will be equipped with tools and a variety of resources and supports to help them make life informed choices.
- Networking: Females will build skills and be empowered to discover they are powerful individuals and become leaders in their lives and their community while growing socially and emotionally.