Youth Mentorship Program
The Youth Mentorship Program provides youth (Mentees) access to a consistent, caring adult (Mentor) who supports them in achieving goals and outcomes related to employment/entrepreneurship, educational achievement and/or civic engagement/leadership. It is our goal to support youth (Mentees) towards making healthy and safe life choices, increase their resiliency, and assist the progress towards identified goals.
At YCFC the goal of the Youth Mentorship program is to create a new ways connecting meaning for youth by promoting the health and well-being of young people in their communities. It builds on youth experience and knowledge while providing opportunities for youth in becoming more resilient as they grow holistically and experience greater self-esteem.
Through mentoring young people in our community will have access to caring and supportive relationships that will allow them to realize their fullest potential and life goals in the areas of education, employment, entrepreneurship and civic engagement.
A mentor empowers a person to see a possible future, and believe it can be obtained.
One to One Mentoring
Youth can be matched with a mentor one on one. In this match youth are able to develop a healthy relationship with their mentor while receiving individual support, working on personal goals related to employment, education, civic & community engagement.
Youth can be matched in a group setting with mentors in a 2:5 ratio. Group mentoring programs encourage an environment for activities that develop mentee skills, positive peer interactions, and a sense of belonging which can also contribute to positive outcomes for youth. Activities can include community based outings, workshops, and specialized events.
One to One mentoring matches and/or Group matches will meet for 3 hours a week, once a week out in the community for a minimum commitment of one year.
Interested in Finding Out More?
Interested in becoming a part of the Youth Mentorship Program either as a mentee or volunteer? Find out more about this opportunity by attending one of our monthly orientation sessions. In these sessions you will learn about:
- The Youth Mentorship Program
- The Enrollment & Matching Process
- Building Goals that lead to success
- Ongoing Opportunities for Matches
- Training & Support
Sign Up Now!
Why should I become a mentee?
- The opportunity to build a strong positive relationship with an adult from the community
- Get help with goal-setting
- Monthly events & fun activities
- Research shows that being paired with a mentor:
- Enables youth to earn more money!
- Enables youth to do better in school!
- Enables youth to build stronger and healthier relationships!
- Increases self-esteem & confidence!
Why should I become a mentor?
- The opportunity to build a strong positive relationship with youth from the community
- Access to year-round training programs, events, and activities
- Monthly group events & fun activities
- Research shows that becoming a mentor
- Improves self-esteem & confidence!
- Improves leadership skills!
- Provides a sense of accomplishment!
- Builds networking capacity!
Interested in becoming a mentor? Please email email@example.com. Please include your full name, phone number, email address, and how you found out about this opportunity.
Mentorship Program Funded by: Ontario Ministry of Children & Youth Services