Yorktown Family Services is a community based nonprofit social services agency dedicated to providing effective, accessible, quality mental health treatment, prevention and out-reach services to children, youth and their families to help create healthy communities and productive families.
We are currently seeking for a volunteer to provide support for our Walk in Services:
Title: Walk-In: Clinical Counsellor (Two Volunteer Positions)
Times: 1 shift per week at multiple site
Start: February 2020 (8 Months commitment)
Yorktown requires a skilled and enthusiastic family and child therapist with fluency in English to provide clinical services to a diverse multi-cultural population. This position is located within our Family Child and Youth counselling service and provides a range of individual, family, group and walk in services to a complex and multi-cultural clientele.
We have a rotating roster of volunteers on the Wednesday 4 to 8 section of our 5 day a week ‘what’s up’ walk in. On Wednesdays we have at minimum present our Clinical Manager, a counselling staff or two, our reception/admin staff and a volunteer to provide service to the walk in. This group functions as a team, discussing issues and needs and supporting each other with each client/family situation, before, during and after each client that receives service that evening.
- The clinical volunteer will be responsible for the provision of single session therapy to children, youth and families during our Wednesday walk in, on her/his scheduled times.
- The primary component of this position will be providing one-hour single session therapy to support the Agency’s Walk In service delivery model. This therapy may use a variety of modalities but will contain elements of brief, solution focused therapy.
- After each client served the volunteer will write a brief summary form which is signed by the Manager.
- S.W., R.S.W. or equivalent Masters with several years’ clinical experience grounded in a strengths-based, systemic perspective with children, youth and families
- Minimum two years’ relevant children’s mental health experience with preference for experience using evidence based clinical models
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of goal-focused, brief and single session therapy
- Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working in a team setting
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
Reports to the Manager, Clinical and System Services
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by January 7, 2020. Please quote “Walk-In- Clinical Counsellor” and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.