YORKTOWN FAMILY SERVICES
Job Title: Group Facilitator: Mindful Fathering ® (2 positions) Hourly Wage: $32.59
Competition # 2019-05
Start Date: February 2019, Indefinite Part-Time Employment (5-6hrs/wk two groups’ series 14 weeks per series)
Group facilitators will conduct a 14-week group program for fathers involved with child welfare as a result of family violence. Groups will be co-facilitated by a male and female facilitators with knowledge and experience in group interventions with men, child protection, child development, and women abuse
- To screen and conduct intakes and exit interviews when required
- To plan and conduct 14 week sessions to reflect the goals and objectives of the curriculum
- To identify areas for participant follow up and referral at the end of each group series
- Respond to emergency situations as needed
- Maintain appropriate records as required
- Participate in program development and evaluation as required
- Complete clinical logs after every session
- Presentations, conferences, community events as required
- Other duties as required
- M.S.W., or equivalent Masters with several years clinical experience grounded in a strengths- based, systemic perspective with children, youth and families
- 3 years’ experience conducting groups with fathers who have been abusive to their partners,
- Knowledge of woman abuse and the impact of children exposed to women abuse
- Clinical knowledge and experience in narrative therapy and group work
- Knowledge of services relevant to target population
- Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population
- This program is delivered on Thursday evenings 5 pm to 9 pm (5-6) hours per week for the delivery of the program
- Presentation, conferences, community events 2-3 hours per week if required with flexibility in dates and times with a maximum of 9 hours per week including the delivery of the group.
Reports to: Manager of Community-Based Violence Prevention Program
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by February 18, 2019. Please quote “Competition #: 2019-05” and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Comp 2019-05- Minful Fathering -Group Facilitator Feb 2019