In Person Counselling @ West Toronto Youth HubAugust 17, 2021
etalk Bell Let’s Talk Special Featuring the West Toronto Youth HubJanuary 27, 2022
Looking for Volunteers: Yorktown Family Services/Dolphin Bingo Partnership
Yorktown Family Services is a member of Dolphin Gaming Centre’s Bingo fundraising program, a fundraising initiative under the Ontario Charitable Gaming Association (OCGA) in partnership with the City of Toronto.
As an accredited child and youth mental health agency and Violence Against Women (VAW) services provider, Yorktown has been supporting over 5,000 clients annually, with a focus on Toronto’s most marginalized communities, for over 25 years. We provide programs and services, free of charge, at three primary sites including: An infant, child and family mental health centre; the West Toronto Youth Hub integrated care facility dedicated to serving youth and young adults; and a Violence Against Women’s shelter in West Central Toronto. Please visit our main webpage for more information about our different programs and services.
With the support of our amazing volunteers, the Bingo Fundraising Initiative brings in thousands of dollars each month so Yorktown can continue to provide mental health and socials service programs for children, youth, young adults and families free of charge. Proceeds raised through the Bingo program help to cover the gap in funding for things like rent for program spaces, purchasing necessary program materials, acquiring equipment and technology necessary to provide digital services during the pandemic, translation services, website maintenance, and social media/communications costs that allow us to remain accessible to clients in a digital age. Thanks to contributions made through the Bingo program, Yorktown can focus on providing quality programs and services that help improve the lives of the people in the communities we serve.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help support the Bingo Fundraising Initiative!
Are you passionate about child, youth and family mental health or Violence Against Women shelter and support services? Are you looking for a way to make a difference in the community? For as little as 2 hours and 15 minutes of your time each month, you can help bring positive change to the lives of those in need of support.
This is an in-person volunteer opportunity located on-site at Dolphin Gaming Centre located at 1911 Eglinton Ave E., in Scarborough.
If you are over the age of 18, and would like to learn more about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Ola George at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Volunteer Role and Duties
How your support helps the community: The volunteer role under the Yorktown Bingo Fundraising initiative is a Community Ambassador role.
For every bingo session you volunteer for, Yorktown receives a share of the monthly proceeds from Dolphin Gaming Centre and these funds go toward rent and other program expenses. You will also be helping to bring awareness to Yorktown and the work that we do in the community.
- Yorktown is assigned four to six shifts per month.
- You are not obligated to sign up for a shift. You can sign up when a session that is convenient for you becomes available.
- Shifts are 2 hour and 15 minutes.
- Typically, shifts are from 2:15 – 4:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, but this can vary.
- There is a dress code for volunteers:
- White collared shirt for your first 3 sessions; you will be provided an official Yorktown Family Services golf shirt with logo, after 3 sessions.
- Dark slacks (no jeans)
- Orientation prior to your fist session will be provided.
Volunteers may qualify for:
- Reimbursement for TTC expenses. Please inquire.
- Gift cards are provided in thanks for you support for every session fulfilled.
Role/responsibilities and guidelines:
We are looking for reliable and dependable individuals, age 18+ who will:
- Arrive 10 minutes before the start of the shift and stay for the duration of the shift
- Greet Dolphin Bingo Gaming Centre (DBGC) patrons at the door and assist staff with managing logistics, e.g. assisting with count to manage capacity restrictions
- Help maintain the overall orderliness of the Bingo hall
- Provide some general information about Yorktown to customers
- Provide patrons with session information
- Thank patrons for coming
Thank you for your interest in supporting Yorktown Family Services and the communities we serve.
To learn more and about the Bingo Volunteer role, please fill out the form below or contact Ola George at email@example.com.