YORKTOWN FAMILY SERVICES
Job Title: Ready Set School Instructor
Contract: July 2018-August 2018
Hourly Wage: $26.80
Competition # 2018-14
Start Date: July 2018, Temporary Part-Time (4.5hrs/wk./FTE 0.13)
To provide instruction and support to children entering kindergarten in the Ready, Set, School (RSS) program which enhances children’s readiness to learn and transition to formal schooling. The children’s program runs in conjunction with a parent/caregiver component which provides tips and support to help parents/caregivers with their children transition. The RSS program is a collaborative partnership with Davenport Perth Neighbourhood Community Health Centre – Ontario Early Years Centre (OEYC) and located for the Summer of 2018 at Yorktown Family Services-(2010 Eglinton Ave West. Suite
- Prepare for and conduct school readiness classes for children entering kindergarten.
- Plan program components such as snacks, circle time, play and learn activities, transitions, and reports to parents/caregivers.
- Implement strategies for transition to a kindergarten classroom and school facilities.
- Provide children with activities that promote literacy, self-help skills, use of school materials, and settlement in school routines.
- Supervise and interact with pre-school children and their parents/caregivers.
- Meet and establish regular communication with collaborating agencies, co-leader, program volunteers and staff team before, during and after program.
- Collaborate with program staff to plan weekly sessions, supplies, and delivery of curriculum.
- Coordinate children’s activities with parent/caregiver curriculum and learning.
- Contribute to RSS team review meetings.
- Complete all required performance appraisals of volunteers.
- Complete all necessary documentation, reports, and evaluation procedures.
- Participate in regular supervision.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements for the program are met.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- E.C.E. or specific knowledge of early elementary education or directly related undergraduate degree/diploma in a related discipline from an accredited university with three years of related experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the delivery of programs to pre-school children transitioning into structured and unstructured classroom activities.
- Knowledge and experience of Ontario school systems.
- Knowledge and experience working with families and children three to four years old.
- Excellent knowledge of child development.
- Ability to support and interact with parents and caregivers.
- Knowledge of child protection and duty to report procedures.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities.
- Knowledge and experience working in collaboration with different community systems.
- Knowledge of neighborhoods and resources within the Davenport Riding.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and programming skills.
- Language other than English (Spanish, Portuguese) an asset.
- Current (6 months or less) Vulnerable Sector Search.
Reports to the Manager, Prevention and Quality Improvement
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by July 11, 2018. Please quote “Competition #: 2018-14” and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Comp 2018-14- Ready Set School Instructor 2018