Job Title: Family / Child and Youth Therapist
Contract: Permanent Full-time – (35hrs/week)
Salary Range: $55,890.89
Start: January 2018
Yorktown Child and Family Centre provide a comprehensive range of mental health services for children, youth and families who are experiencing serious emotional/social/behavioral difficulties. Yorktown is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices whenever possible. We are committed to inclusiveness and diversity at all levels of the organization. Yorktown requires a skilled and enthusiastic family and child therapist with fluency in English to provide clinical services to a diverse multi-cultural population. This position is located within our Family Child and Youth counselling service and provides a range of individual, family, group and walk in services to a complex and multi-cultural clientele.
A primary component of this position will be providing single session and brief services to support the Agency’s Walk In service delivery model and long term ongoing counselling services. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The provision of a range of treatment services including individual, family and/or group counselling, brief therapy with children, youth and families, Trauma Assessments and TF-CBT Treatment and intake assessment.
- Service coordination and working collaboratively with Child Welfare and partner agencies is an important aspect of the role.
- Ability to provide clinical services in the family home or community settings is required.
- Service coordination and working collaboratively with Child Welfare and other partner agencies is an important aspect of the role.
- Attendance at partner agency and/or peer network meetings, as required
- Membership and participation on internal agency committees as appropriate.
- Some evening work will be needed to run groups and/or provide walk in counselling
- Services may be delivered at the Centre or in the community as needed.
- M.S.W., or equivalent Clinical Masters with several years clinical experience grounded in a strengths-based, systemic perspective with children, youth and families
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the college of social service workers or college of registered psychotherapists (RSW or RP)
- Minimum two years relevant children’s mental health experience with preference for experience using evidence based clinical models such as CBT and TF-CBT
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of goal-focused, brief and single session therapy
- Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated skills and experience working in collaboration with other service providers
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings is essential
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Screening is a definite asset
- Assets include, experience running groups and fluency in a second language
- Access to a reliable vehicle is a definite asset
Reports to the Manager of Clinical Services
Yorktown Child and Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by January 19, 2018. Please quote “Family Child and Youth Therapist -” in the subject line.
Yorktown Child and Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Child and Family Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Family Child Youth Therapist PFT Dec 2017