EVENING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Have a great time, meet people, gather creative ideas and gain valuable experience for your career path! Yorktown Family Services is seeking volunteers to lead children’s activity and skill building groups.
POSITION: Children’s Group Leader
WHERE: Carlton Village school
WHEN: Tuesday evenings, 5.45 to 8.15pm, October 9–December 4, 2018 (2.45 hours/wk., 4 weeks commitment)
• Co-lead an activity group for children between the ages of birth to 18 years.
• Provide fun, functional and stimulating activities based on a 4-week curriculum
for preschoolers, school-aged children and youth groups designed to help enhance
self-esteem, problem solving capacities, peer interactions and parent/caregiver relationships.
• Set-up and clean-up activities and serve a healthy snack that is provided.
• Participate in weekly pre-planning meetings (via email, telephone, face-to-face)
with co-facilitator(s) and be part of debriefing with team at end of evening.
• Early Childhood Education Student or Graduate in Community College or University.
• Copy of Valid Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) completed in past 6 months.
• Comfortable and interested in working with children from birth to 18 years.
• Reliable and personable.
• Team player.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Behaviour management skills are an asset.
Ongoing training and supervision will be provided.
Must be able to attend a training/orientation session, to be held before group starts.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their résumés by July 10, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Volunteer Opportunity- Children’s Group leader” in the subject line.