EVENING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Have a great time, meet people, gather creative ideas and gain valuable experience for your career path!
Yorktown Child and Family Centre is seeking volunteers to lead children’s activity and skill building groups.
WHERE: George Syme Community School,69 Pritchard Ave, York, ON M6N 1T6
(http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/georgesyme/Home.aspx ) [main intersection Jane St./St.Clair Ave West]
WHEN: Tuesday evenings, 5:30-8:15 pm, October 10, 2017 – December 12, 2017 (9 week commitment)
- Co-lead an activity group for children between the ages of birth to 18 years.
- Provide fun, functional and stimulating activities based on a 9-week curriculum self-esteem, problem solving capacities, peer interactions and parent/caregiver relationships.
- Set-up and clean-up activities and serve a healthy snack that is provided.
- Participate in weekly pre-planning meetings (via email, telephone, face-to-face) with co-facilitator(s) and be part of debriefing with team at end of evening.
- Copy of Valid Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) completed in past 6 months.
- Comfortable and interested in working with children from birth to 18 years.
- Reliable and personable.
- Team player.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Behaviour management skills are an asset.
Ongoing training and supervision will be provided.
Must be able to attend a training/orientation session, to be held before group starts.
For more information please contact:
Sharon Vyse, Enhanced Early Years Mental Health Specialist
416-394-2424 ex. 233 email@example.com